The Iranian military has vowed to respond to the attack on the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) cargo vessel on Tuesday; The ship is believed to be a cover vessel for Iranian intelligence gathering; Shekarchi: If we uncover the source of the attack on the ship, we will definitely respond, we will never be silent.
Following the explosion that took place on Iran’s MV SAVIZ cargo vessel in the Red Sea on Tuesday, the Islamic Republic’s military is now vowing a response in due time after the completion of the investigation. The vessel, which is believed by many countries in the region as well as the United States to be an IRGC intelligence-gathering ship, was damaged to the point where it needed to be towed to a location for repairs.
Reports earlier this week indicated that Israel’s military was responsible for planting a mine on the ship.
As reported by The Times of Israel, Brig. Gen. Abolfazl Shekarchi told another media outlet that once the Republic has assessed the event in its totality and comes to a definite conclusion, a response will be sure. He said, “If we uncover the source of the attack on the ship, we will definitely respond, we will never be silent.”
He even went as far as saying that the United States was likely in partnership with Israel in planning this strike.