The recent explosion southeast of Tehran on Friday was likely carried out via a cyberattack; The area targeted is a location where rockets, ballistic and cruise missiles are tested.

Significant speculation has continued to surround the explosion that occurred in Parchin, Iran, on Friday. The major explosion occurred at a site where the regime tests rockets and various missiles. The site is known as the Parchin defense industries area and is located southeast of the capital city of Tehran.

The official report that first came out of Iran stated that the explosion occurred because of an industrial gas tank. They also claimed that no casualties took place, which contradicts the report(s) of local witnesses. Satellite images reveal significant damage to the surrounding land as well.

Despite claims of ‘sabotage’, it’s believed that the explosion was the result of a well-planned cyberattack according to at least one expert in Washington DC, Dr. Theodore Karasik. Stating that the attack came from Israel, he said, “Although military and defense industry accidents do occur in Iran, the consensus appears to be a cyberstrike by Israel against Iran.”

Supporting his claim, it is reported that the attack caused the missile facility’s system to backfire, leading to the destruction of the site.

He continued, “The ongoing cyberwar between Iran and Israel is not new. Iranian cyberforces attacked Israeli infrastructure in April, specifically water and sewage treatment facilities. Israeli cyberforces retaliated the following month against Iranian facilities, military industries and ports. They attacked Shahid Rajaee Port in an attempt to shut it down. Although sabotage can occur from within the facility, that is doubtful. But from outside Iran, that is another story. The tactic of placing defective parts into a supply chain to create such an event cannot be ruled out either.”

Israel and Iran have been going back and forth in their cyberattack exchanges. Most recently, after Iran attacked Israel’s water supply, Israel target Iran’s Shahid Rajaee Port. Nearly six weeks later, the port still isn’t functioning properly.